GutWire Ultimate Grounding Cable

With the recent reviews, and positive reports from a couple of members here, I decided to take the plunge and order one. 

https://audiobacon.net/2017/12/09/gutwire-perfect-ultimate-ground-cables-review/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/gutwire/1.html

Like others I have been intrigued by the positive reviews for grounding blocks from various companies, but the prices are prohibitive. I decided to spend the extra $100 for the Ultimate over the Perfect as both reviews say it offers significant improvement. I am planning on plugging it into an unused RCA input on my Antique Sound Labs autoformer passive pre. I'll post updates after I get it, and have broken it in.

tommylion
  Tommylion,

I received the Gutwire ultimate  ground today and put it in my system connecting it to my pre amp. The first thing I noticed was a lowering of the noise floor, blacker background.

Sorry for the audiophile terms but that's how it was. I considered my system excellent sounding prior to the ultimate ground. I was surprised to say the least. The other things I noticed were basically as Tommylion described, increased transparancey, more  musical details revealed., better resolution.

There was a slight glare but that will be gone with a little break in as already mentioned by other members. I will be buying another one for my phono pre at some point. I am thrilled with the results of this cable.

I am now of the view that most are living with noise in their systems they are not aware of, like me before the insertion of the Ultimate ground.

I just installed two Gutwire Perfect Ground cables, one to my SACD player, and after hearing it, I went and installed the other on my integrated. Past practice dictates waiting for one to break in before trying another but heck, the results were so obvious, why wait

With that noise floor lowered, there's so much more info in those pits and grooves that was previously obscured and revealing them makes for a much more enjoyable listening experience. 

I'm not getting a hotter top end that some have described (that eventually goes away) but one that has a bit more emphasis. What's really appreciated is the clearing up on the bottom end. That, and a richer, more expressive mid range. 

All the best,
Nonoise
I love the Gutwire Utimate attached to my preamp. In addition to the other improvements noted above, in my system the bass deepened and became better defined. Drum work also improved and is dramatically clearer. Every visitor noted these improvement. A friend started reeling off positive descriptions and exclamations after 10 seconds of listening. The same friend just bought two after I demoed mine in his system. To say it is a bargain is a vast understatement.
Guy,

For those of you who have only 1 Gutwire, recommend trying Synergistic Research Passive Grounding Block. I purchased one from a good friend with upgraded silver wire and it's a dramatic improvement! Using my UG to power the SR and it elevated the SR GB even further and you have the benefit of grounding all components.

Wig
Hi Wig: Just so I'm clear, are you plugging the RCA end of the GutWire grounding cable directly into the Synergistic grounding block or is there and adapter required in order to do this? Are you using all RCA terminations to your components or chasis ground?