Gryphon Diablo or Accuphase E-450

Hey
Im downsizing my amplification from a Nagra PLP & VPA monos to a one box solid state integrated. This is due to a change in my personal circumstances, available space AND young children (i.e. valves/fingers).

Ive shortlisted the Gryphon, as i used to have a Mikado and really loved it and the Accuphase which has a good reputation. My speakers are Peak Consult Princess Signature floorstanders on Finite Elemente Cerapucs, speaker cabling is XLO Unlimited with Accustica Applicata DAAD diffusers behind.

My sources are a Raven AC TT with various arms, carts and phono stages / step ups, so i need not worry about a phono input on the amo. Digital is a Lindemann CDP and a Wadia iTransport.

The 2 amps i have shortlisted both have strenths an weaknesses - i just wondered what the concensus was in terms of opinion as to whats 'best' - all subjective i know - but be good to hear some views. Im not really keen to widen the selection from either of these two.

Thanks and regards,

Lee.
128x128badger748

Showing 1 response by hgeifman

I suggest you add the Luxman 590ax integrated class A amplifier to your audition list. I own one driving Sonus Faber Auditor M Speakers. It sounds excellent on all type of music. The 590ax is fully balanced and provides two balanced inputs. I have the Ayre CX-7e CD player and the Magnum Dynalab 809t Internet tuner both running balanced connections to my 590ax. The Luxman Distributor, On Higher Note, reports all 590ax's are made in Japan. All of the amplifiers mentioned above are excellent. If possible, I suggest you audition them to decide what is best for you, your listening room and the rest of your system.