Granite Under Speakers Over A Wood Floor

I would Like to use something over my wood floor that would not scratch it like the spikes do. I remember seeing sonus farber speakers on granite blocks. Does anyone have any experience with this? How would this sound?
128x128fleone
Stones under speakers on a wood floor can improve the sound in many ways, but always bring some artifacts of the sound of the stone along to the party too. Therefore you need to choose the stone carefully. Granite is not good. Impure marble, soap stone and sand stone are all better. Even so you will still need to make sure the stone does not wobble on the floor - but upturned tip-toes work OK and the spike connects with the stone not the floor.
My system is also on a wood floor. I use 3/4x15x24 inchs slab of Granite under each spiked speaker. I work in construction and get it free. When a builder puts in granite counter tops in a kitchen the sink and built in range top are cut out and left as scrap! Check a few sites, talk to a few supers. For a six pack of beer and ten bucks the installers will trim and size the material while you wait.
I indeed have my Merlin VSM-Millennium over spikes over a granite slab (cut from a piece of my kitchen countertop where the sink goes) over wooden floor. I put four plastic "stickum" feet under each slab to isolate the slab from the floor. Works well in my opinion. I had expected the sound to be edgy (and the Merlin can sound like that in some setup) but it is not so. Very clean, detailed sound yet not fatiguing. By the way, since the kitchen counter has a shiny side, I put the rough side up to the spikes provide good coupling with the slab.
Each of my Acoustats sits on four Prozac tablets because someone told me these speakers are bi-polar. ;>)
Hey VTVU,

You're not having any issues with your set-up, so there's really no problem, but I stumbled across a discussion at audioasylum.com where Bobby from Merlin recommended NOT decoupling Merlin speakers from the floor (which you're doing by placing rubber under the granite). He said that the Merlins are designed to couple to the floor. Like I said, it doesn't sound like an issue in your case, but you can always ask him for info if you're curious (and in the discussion I mention, someone had their VSMs on plywood, over carpetting...not really the same situation).