Good Used Speakers ($8K-10K) For A Little Listening Room

I know that this is a tough one, because speakers are so subjective.  My dedicated 2 channel listening room is only 10ft x 10ft.  I listen to mostly jazz and rock.  I currently use a Plinius SA100 Mk III (recapped and upgraded) driving Joseph Audio RM25XL's.  I'm thinking of upgrading and was wondering what speakers would be a good upgrade for a small listening room.  I like the Joseph Audio sound, but want more.  I was thinking of Pulsars or maybe Perspectives.  First, is my room too small for floor standing speakers? Second, what other speakers in the $8-10K range used would be a good fit in a small room?
moto_man
If I’d listened to the "big speakers don’t work in small rooms" mantra I’d have deprived myself of a lot of great sound.

+1 @prof 
Any thoughts on pairing a Audio Research 75SE amp with the Persona 9h's?..Good potential match, or not?..Other suggestions welcome..
Hey moto_man,

Are you learning anything from all this swashbuckling that has adorned your post?
Thanks so much for everyone's input.  So many recommendations and choices, that, other than room treatment of some sort, its difficult to really know what to do.  First, I don't really have a clue as to how to figure out what room treatment is even necessary, other than to, presumably, hang a shag rug on the rear wall to absorb sound.  I'm looking into that issue.  Second, though and more difficult, is how to parse through everyone's suggestions without actually hearing any of the interesting speaker recommendations.  I'd hate to blow 8K on speakers and find out that to my ears, I didn't like them.  How does everyone deal with that issue . . . Go to an audio show where you will likely hear as many different speakers as you want, subject to the other equipment used and the room setup there?