Good Used Speakers ($8K-10K) For A Little Listening Room

I know that this is a tough one, because speakers are so subjective.  My dedicated 2 channel listening room is only 10ft x 10ft.  I listen to mostly jazz and rock.  I currently use a Plinius SA100 Mk III (recapped and upgraded) driving Joseph Audio RM25XL's.  I'm thinking of upgrading and was wondering what speakers would be a good upgrade for a small listening room.  I like the Joseph Audio sound, but want more.  I was thinking of Pulsars or maybe Perspectives.  First, is my room too small for floor standing speakers? Second, what other speakers in the $8-10K range used would be a good fit in a small room?
moto_man

Showing 2 responses by jon_5912

I'd definitely look into active pro monitors that are intended for nearfield use.  Not only do they sound their best up close but they have active woofers that create inherently tighter bass.  Focal SM9, ATC SCM25 and a bunch of others in the range.

https://vintageking.com/recording/studio-monitors/active-studio-monitors-and-speakers?dir=asc&or...
Room correction helps but it will not solve the problem.  It won't stop the room from having resonant frequencies.  If you eq the peaks flat it will sound weird because you have to make huge cuts.  Bass traps will actually reduce the peaks/valleys of the room.  Room correction can't do that.