Good mono cartridge for a very light tonearm

Hello guys
I have a Forsell Air Reference tt and air bearing tonearm. The tonearm as you might know is one of the lightest available. The arm wand is actually made of carbon fiber. As I have a large mono jazz LP collection I finally decided to get a proper mono cartridge. I had my mind set on the Dynavector XV-1s which supposed to be one of the best out there. Found out it it unfortunately weights 13 grams. Apparently combining a light tonearm and a heavy cartridge creates compliance problems, compromises the performance of the cartridge and can lead to cantilever fatigue and even snap off during the play.
Do you have any suggestions? I would really like to keep my Forsell arm.

Thank you
pgeorgyev

Showing 1 response by chris_383

Sadly, I know the lack of choices out there for those of us who like to play mono LP's. I considered getting the Denon DL-102 but that was also too heavy for my table.

A better question for me to ask might be "What turntable/arm will handle these bulky cartridges"? As no modern table/arm within my price range seems to be able to.

Seriously though, some choices to check into would be the Grado Monos, or if price is no object, the ultra expensive Lyra Helikon Mono. These should be light enough for your arm.