Good 8' speaker cables under 200.00

I own a pair of Thiel CS 3.6 speakers (I like these), NAD 218THX amp (powerful but limited), Denon 3801 receiver/pre (junk but cool for DTS movies), and a denon dcd 2560 cd player (fair but outclassed badly by todays offerings), Tara labs RSC Prime Gen2 interconnects (I like these just fine even though they are not the best).

I will eventually replace the preamp, CD player, and then the AMP and the yet to be bought $200 speaker cables.

This week I just need to get rid of the current total junk speaker cables (bad monster low end) and get something around (just under) $200.00 to tide me over until the money appears to do things correctly.

My local dealer caries Tara Labs and I was considering buying a pair of RSC Prime 500. They seem to sound ok and are about $180 for a pair of 8' new.

Before I take the plunge I thought I should see what other people think is good for this application and price range.

Thanks for the feedback,

Montana Rane
montanarane

Showing 1 response by jeff3d

I have experience with the four cables mentioned above and to my ears by far the best is the Goertz. You should consider the TMC Gold speaker cable, "The Music Cable". The TMC is one of the best cable I have heard regardless of price and can be purchased at auction from the manufacturer for about the price you want to pay.