Genesis 350 vs. Carver AL-III

I currently own a pair of Carver AL-III, my AL-III high frequency roll off above 18kHz and the low is not very good. I am thinking to buy a pair of Genesis 350 to replace to Carver in the next 2 to 3 month. However one of my friend told me both speaker ribbon drivers were identical, although I can't personally confirm that and if this is true, exactly how much difference am I going to get for my money?

Any input would be nice.

Thanks
128x128topvideo

Showing 4 responses by mejames

no comparison not even close. Genesis will absolutely murder the Carver in every sonic parameter period. Look for the 350 se version it's got better ribbons and better tweeters than the 350. the Genesis V model is a cheaper alternative to the 350 and will still totally clobber the Carver. is the room shown in your system pictures the intended room for the Genesis? If so believe that room isn't going to be big enough.
your room dimensions will not be sufficient for the Genesis 350 speakers I'd say I believe the Genesis V would be better for your room they are considerably smaller speakers they have excellent reviews.
try to audition the Genesis V or similar model speakers they would work in your current room. Or add a room for the bigger Genesis you wouldn't regret it I'm sure.
Gregm little information here the 350 upgrade to the 350 SE isn't just changing the ribbon midrange it also adds 9 additional ribbon tweeters on the front of each speaker and believe a additional rear tweeter or 2 is added it ends up with the same midrange/tweeter configuration as the 201's I'm sure the crossover has changes also for SE. otherwise I agree with your comments. Believe the latest 5 series would fit this particular system and room in question best definitely