Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
 The truth is that this is like a discussion about religion. The faithfull will remain faithfull regardless and the opposing sides will never agree but there can be mutual respect. In the end most of us are in it for the music and the enjoyment it brings us so happy listening.
It’s not like religion at all. The naysayers here don’t have any real arguments. They only call names. That’s the level of their argument. They whinny and bray. At least in religion there are two sides, somewhat on a level playing field, each with coherent arguments. Unlike in this discussion.
But it is like religion. You accept technical facts for your cell phone, computer and many other things. When it comes to audio i very often hear " there is no technical proof but I hear a difference". Just like religion
Cerberus,

Your observation is somewhat correct, only difference being that something like this is easily, or at least somewhat easily demonstrable.  I sincerely doubt that any of the folks that claim to hear a difference between a " broken - in" and a non "broken - in " outlet would be able to tell any difference on two "otherwise"  identical outlets let alone any other outlet that provide a good solid contact, should it be put to a test.  

Its however useless to debate, they want to hear a difference,  so they do.  

Good Listening

Peter

Wow, they’re coming in droves now. Who left the floodgates open?

So, let’s briefly summarize the naysayers’ position.

1. No one can hear the difference even if there is one.

2. Break-in disobeys the laws of physics. Just like directionality.

3. The argument surrounding break-in is like religion. One assumes that is supposed to be an actual argument against break-in being real. I guess that means God is not real either.

4. It’s all psychological. Expectation bias, placebo effect, self-fulfilling prophecy. Take your pick.

5. Nobody can keep track of the sound of his system for 200 hours or 400 hours or whatever because there are too many variables. So nobody can PROVE break-in is real.

The next thing you know one of these guys will try to hit one out of the park by declaring controlled blind tests would easily show break-in is not real and must be psychological.