Full Range comparison

Thinking about addinfg a 2nd system next year, Trying to figure out best full range fora  845 amp i plan to purchase.
Thoughts on ,
1)SEAS Exotic/w xover.
2)Seas cheaper line of FR
3)Japenese Full Range offered on ebay., which are less than 1/2 the price of the Exotics, and are cool looking. 
I listen to classical /voice/chamber/orchestra. 
FR will be 8 inches, no ribbon, no tweeter. 

mozartfan
I've heard quite a few full range drivers used both in single driver systems and use as a wide range driver in multi-driver systems.  Used as single driver, most systems do not deliver enough low and mid-bass for the sound to be full and rich enough to satisfy my taste for all sorts of music (orchestral and choral classical, in particular, do not sound that good).  As a second system, however, where less favored music can be played on another system, I can see going with a single driver, full range system.  The exception to this general observation, are single driver full range systems which are used in quarter wave back-loaded horn enclosures.  I've heard some decent implementations of that, particularly the Charney Audio system and I am completely satisfied with the bass from their systems.

Full range drivers used in two-way systems are a different matter.  They retain most of the purity of single driver systems because the crossover point can be placed well out of the sensitive midrange and the crossover can be a simple, purer sounding affair (e.g., 6 db/octave 1st order).  I like quite a few full-range drivers used that way.

The full-range drivers I've heard include several Feastrix drivers, the best being a field-coil driver a friend uses in an Onken cabinet.  It did not deliver much bass, but it was quite decent sounding.  I wish I  could hear it in a back-loaded horn configuration.

I really like the AER 8" drivers--very detailed and clear without being as peaky sounding or harsh like Lowther drivers can sound.  I like the Voxactiv drivers I heard, but, not as much as the AER bd2, or bd3, or bd4 drivers.

GIP Laboratories makes full range replicas of Western Electric drivers.  I like the 12" field coil version I heard, but, I much preferred its sound when it was coupled with a tweeter.

I really like the 13.5" field coil Jensen/ERPI M10 driver.  I've heard these employed in open baffle (actually a full cabinet with an open back) with a tweeter crossed in around 10k, and the sound is magnificent.  This is an early 1930 design, so it sort of shows that not much has improved over the years.  It has become quite pricey because its sound quality is not a secret.
Post removed 
I love full range drivers and have at least a half a dozen in my house at any given time.  I had some markaudio designs over the years including the Alpair 10p which are nice but my favorites by far are the Omegas.  Just remember the cabinet design is very important as well.  Both the driver and cabinet are important to the overall sound.
Post removed 
With the 300b tube, I would plan on adding a powered subwoofer (now or perhaps in the future after listening a while in the space).

So, if full range, or any other speaker design, low bass is less important than you would think. The space often reinforces low bass, beyond printed specs.

I would still go for efficient speakers with low to mid power tubes.