For you Odyssey Audio Stratos amp owners

What preamp are you using?

thecarpathian

I purchased a pair of used Stratos a few years ago on Audiogon. Klaus upgraded them to Kismet References. My preamp is a Cary Audio SLP -05. I also have a pair of Cary Founder’s edition amps. Odyssey Audio punches well above its asking price. One of my audiophile buddies prefers their sound to the Cary’s . I go back and forth between the amps as they each have their strengths.

Thank you for the responses, guys.

I took twoleftears advice and went over to audiocircle where there is indeed a big Odyssey following and the information I seek.

But by all means, if anyone has info to add here, it is still appreciated.

I use a Teac NT-505 dac direct and it's fantastic.  As someone else stated, matching other preamps is difficult due to high input sensitivity and hum becomes an issue due to magnifying everything. I've had quite a few amps and my fully loaded Kismet in a Stratos (I think) case is as good as any in my current system (Devore O/96 speakers).

FWIW, I emailed Odyssey a few months ago to BUY the Candela.  I never got a reply back. Go figure.  Went somewhere else. 

Apologies,  but it's because of my brain freeze...I checked and I did email you back,  but I did email it to myself by mistake....%#%^$&^$%$*%^$&$  Anyway,  hope that your new pre works out for you !!!!!

Klaus