floorstanding speakers for NAD C-320BEE amp

what speakers would complement the sound of the NAD amp best? The price should be $1000 or less, new or used.
tubino

Showing 1 response by raguirre

A friend of mine just bought that amp and auditioned a couple of speakers that are below your price point (~$500). Since it's my fault that he was buying stereo equipment, I went along with him. The speakers included the PSB Image 2B, the Triangle Comete, the JM Labs something or other (it shouldn't be too hard to figure out as I think there's only one speaker in that range), and the Dynaudio Audience 42's. Of the four, I thought that the PSB's offered the least exciting, but most vanilla sound. The Triangles were the detail champs and very engaging but didn't produce enough bass for my friend (I own a pair of Zephyr's, so I was somewhat biased). The JM Labs imaged unbelievably well, but sounded too detatched for both of us. He went with the Dynaudio's. The sound was really groovin' and they produced an amount of bass that surprised both of us (although I think the bass was a little boomy).

I know these speakers are below your price point, but hopefully this helps a little.