First tube preamp recommendations (under $5k)

Right now have di20he -> terminator -> he9 -> pass x350.8 -> ATC scm7 / NS5000.
I am thinking of introducing some tubes into my chain. I like the sound I am getting but want to explore what tubes can do to the sound (slight warmth, biggest soundstage, better layering etc etc). Don’t want to go to nuts on price. If price is over $5k would consider if its really exceptional (but for sure not over $10k). Totally fine with used. Balanced would be nice but not mandatory.
So far I am thinking RP7, EVO400, bhk. Any thoughts?
smodtactical
Guys so I ended up buying a used ARC Ref 5SE. I found it for the same price as my local dealer was offering for the ref5.
Gonna have it sent to ARC to check over and ensure in good condition and then they will ship to me.
Thanks for all your help!!! Hopefully will work well. Fingers crossed.
The ARC REF 5Se is an outstanding preamp. It was the center of my system for at least five years. Don’t second guess this decision, it is a world class preamp. It would be a worthy component to keep indefinitely. Last year I did a major system upgrade… at that point I had spent so much money, I just said I might as well upgrade the preamp, so I swapped it for the ARC REF 6se. It is better, but it is or of the same class of preamp. It is $17,000 USD. So, enjoy your purchase. Thank your wife for pushing. I have a friend who dithers… he is 70 and has a few world class components and a couple he just couldn’t commit to upgrade… his system sounds terrible… like Sears components… Enjoy, you only live once… live well.
@ghdprentice Thank you for your sage and kind comments man. It makes me feel good that I made the right decision. I really look forward to my first experience with tubes :D
What does the rest of your system look like ?
great pick in the REF5se ! A superb pre.

I have 5k trouble free happy hours on mine. Pay attention to the Power Supply tube hours and upgrade to a nos USA made Tung Sol when you need to change.

The ARC massive as it is, likes vibration isolation, I use HRS under mine.

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/3803