Feedback wanted from Jolida JD100A owners

I've been doing a lot of research on this player and a few others like the Arcam 73T.

How do you guys like this cd player and what other cd players did you audition? I don't want my highs extended as they are pretty good and borderline excessive. I do like bass though.

Thanks in advance.
dazman

Showing 3 responses by andy2

I've had the Jolida JD100 for a few months and I would say it is mostly muscial, warm, smooth, analog like sounding with respectable details. The bass is not too bad but it is probably on the deep and full rather than being lean and fast.

But output tube has a lot to do with the sound. The stock tubes can be a bit harsh. I have Sylvania output tube and the treble is a lot smoother than with the stock tubes.
"Fast paced rock can make the Jolida sound a little congested with flabby bass".

A lot of things people say are a little exgagerated just to make their point and I am sure you've done the same things too every now and then. The Jolida's bass may not be the quickess of them but definitely not flabby.

You have to spend quite a bit of money more to get the Jolida analog like presentation and fast bass. Within the price range of the Jolida, sometimes you have to make a compromise. Go for the quick bass and you loose the midrange liquidity of the JD. Go for the JD and you may not get all the details you're looking for.

But be careful. There are players in this price range tend to by emphasize the treble to get quicker bass and more details but that is probably not what you want. Details, naturalness, agile bass in one package can cost quite a bit.
790 usd is a pretty good price for a brand new unit. Remember to swap out the stock tube for some NOS tubes.