Favorite Symphonies Quiz

Pick your favorite composer for each symphony. You can’t use a composer more than once.

Here are my answers (at least today’s answers):
Symphony No. 1: Copland
Symphony No. 2: Hanson
Symphony No. 3: Saint-Saëns
Symphony No. 4: Bruckner
Symphony No. 5: Shostakovich
Symphony No. 6: Tchaikovsky
Symphony No. 7: Sibelius
Symphony No. 8: Mahler
Symphony No. 9: Beethoven

What are your picks? I’m looking forward to learning something.
128x128phomchick
When you speak of emotion in Mozart, it cannot be measured by 19th century standards.  He was, to me, the most “human” of all composers.  The entire gamut of human feelings are expressed by him, but you must know his was a different musical language, having  its unique aesthetic symbols of expression.
Beethoven started off using the same language, but evolved to a language taken up by the entire 19th century. 
When you speak of emotion in Mozart, it cannot be measured by 19th century standards. He was, to me, the most “human” of all composers.

*eye roll* I get it, you like Mozart. Whatever. Calling him the most "human" is like calling the number 5 the most "5" of all numbers. Were the others part cyborg? Oh please.
Mod 10 symphony list:

Symphony No. (4)0 Mozart
Symphony No. 1: Copland
Symphony No. 2: Hovaness (although I still like Hanson)
Symphony No. 3: Saint-Saëns
Symphony No. 4: Bruckner
Symphony No. 5: Shostakovich
Symphony No. 6: Tchaikovsky
Symphony No. 7: Sibelius
Symphony No. 8: Mahler
Symphony No. 9: Beethoven
“we’re the others part cyborg?”

Yes, I guess there are cyborgs out there.
1. Brahms 2.Haydn 3.Mozart 4.Schubert 5.Beethoven 6.Schumann 7.Dvorak. 8. Sibelius 9. Vaughan Williams
Hard to live Tchaikovsky out but Vaughan Williams (or Elgar) wrote the best of modern English Symphonies .

IMO he wrote the most just plain beautiful piece ever written .

https://youtu.be/-mHgucSz1hs?t=1