Favorite all-in-one remote control?

I'd like some opinions on the best all-in-one, learning remote controls out there. I don't even have all that many components, but I am sick of swimming in remote controls!! My gear is in a dedicated closet, so rf would be a plus (although I do have a set of powermids, so its not a deal-breaker). I've got 4 components to control (including a tv). Something of a reasonable size would be nice too, I'd like to avoid anything resembling a video game. Simplicity is a big plus, the less gadgety the better.
Thanks for your opinions, Jb3
jb3

Showing 1 response by neil6557

HP IPaq. As crazy as it may sound i picked up a used iPaq on ebay, installed a $15 application and ran a pronto ccf file and it works great. I have not had any problems with the range of the IR.
The software is programmable, user friendly and the interface is maliable. There are literally hundreds of free CCF files free for download containing IR codes for every imaginable device. The iPaq is cheaper than a pronto, and is expandable. With built in WiFi it can also control a number of other web enabled devices if you have a home network.
It may not be for the techinically shy but it pays out in dividends in the end