Esoteric's G-03x Master Clock Generator

Hi guys,

Anyone here by chance tried these on their esoteric cd player ?

is it worth paying $4,000 fr this device ?

What improvements can be brought about with this unit ?

Thinking of this for use with the X-03 SE in the future.

Does high quality BNC digital cable make an audible difference ?

Thanks for inputs.

Noli
nolitan

Showing 1 response by mohawk155

I realize that this thread hasn't been replied to for a long time but I wanted to comment. I have been into audio for longer than I care to mention. I've owned KEF, B&W, Quad, SOTA, Linn, ARC, CJ, Theil, Pass Labs, etc. System price tags have ranged from $100 to over $80k.

My current system: Wilson Watt Puppy 8, Accuphase A-50V amp, Accuphase C-390 preamp, Accuphase T-109V, Esoteric P-05 and Esoteric D-05. Good but not overly expensive cables.

This is a very solid sounding system with little or no listener fatigue. Bass definition, sound stage, mid-range clarity, etc is very very good.

I recently took the opportunity to purchase the lesser priced word clock from Esoteric, the G-03x (used). It is wonderfully built, easy to connect and more importantly, superb in the added differences it made to my systems sound.

Bass definition - I didn't think it could get better than the combination of the WP8s, Accupahse amp and P-05/D-05 - I was wrong! The bass definition got even better with the word clock - Outstanding, articulate, defined, deep and tight. Zero bloat here..

Sound stage - huge improvement. Wide, airy, deep, incredible.

Highs - even my 55 year old ears can pickup on the subtle detail changes wrought by the G-03x. Highs are smoother, more natural, more three dimensional.

Overall system changes - as good as the system sounded before the word clock the system is now more natural and effortless sounding. Instead of thinking "damn that sounds great" I think about the person singing the song, picturing them behind the mike, etc.

The G-03x made a large improvement to an already excellent sounding system. Good stuff...