Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies 1800

Anybody know anything about these things, Equi=Core 1800/Core Power Technologies? Are they any good? Not looking to buy snake oil. Considering possibly purchasing without auditioning to run Levinson 23.5 amp, Proceed AVP 2, Ayre Codex DAC, Proceed CDD. Anyone? Thanks
128x128luvrockin

Showing 2 responses by danzspkrman

I picked up an 1800 model of these up at LAAS and had it for a couple of weeks. Best purchase for our rig ever!!. Just for back round about our rig....Wyred 4 Sound SX1000's, STP Preamp, DAC2-DSD, KEF LS-50's, Fritz Grove Loudpeakers, ADS MS-4 Subwoofer, and VPI Prime turntable with Soundsmith AIDA, We also have a Jolida JD9 phonostage.

Even though this rig is not cheap, it is by no means the most you could spend here. Although I too, felt that it did well with just a decent APC power strip($200MSRP), which is way better than much garbage available elsewhere, It still was not quite what we hoped for let alone afford. We wanted a decent solution for conditioning power that in our home is already noisy, just like any other standard issue track house with contractor grade 49 cent duplex outlets. Everything I looked at was well over 3K as well as the cost of having an electrician charge thousands more for a real live dedicated line, like any proper listening room. If my power was analogous to drinking water...It was like drinking out of a sewer pipe.
When we bought the Core Power Technologies 1800, with the upgraded power plug(gorgeous even on its own) we expected a mild improvement knowing full well of our situation with our supplied power. So in this case, hoping for just rancid tap water-like power at best.....

Then came the surprise!!

What already IMHO was a very competent rig to begin with, It began to breath new life.....Highs were even more extended, more natural decay, darker black back round in which,  razor sharp focus on a what is now a huge soundstage without any harshness. There is prodigious amounts of tightly controlled bass, feeling way more solid than even before, which was better than many rigs we have heard already without one of these..

What happened? Did I just get into a pure mountain lake full of unspoiled clean power teaming with life?

THAT's what this rig sounds like now. SO not normal in a good way! The best part, we tried a smaller version designed for an individual component  Core 300, which is a pretty trick with enough power to handle a smaller well designed small to mid sized integrated amp,(about 2.5 -3 amps) that has a really nice power cord integrated into the chassis. Very compact for what it is, but yet will make even a modest piece sound like you spent a fortune! 

This is such an amazing piece that should literally be the 'core' of any rig, even before you select other pieces IMHO, especially after going from listening(kind of like drinking sewage) to totally clean power (kind of like drinking from an unspoiled water from a stream high into the mountains). Well thought out product, available in just about ANY size imaginable. I plan on getting one for when we eventually build a theater sound system downstairs. Thank you SO much for what I thought was a hopeless power situation in our home without spending tens of thousands.!!
Our prayers and thoughts with Wally during and after his recovery. Hopefully all went well so far and look forward to his return. Mark has been awesome for all of us🎶😎