Empire 698 turntable

I own an Empire 698 TT which I really enjoy. Since I bought it, however, one of the springs in the suspension seems to be broken, since it does not readily springs back to position the way it should. I was able to buy on ebay a 698 plinth which has the suspension springs, but I don't seem to figure out how to remove them. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge/suggestions? Thank you all in advance!

Showing 1 response by cleeds

'Circlip' is the expression, and yes they are a bit tricky ... you should be able to extract it with a medium to small flat bladed screwdriver and a bit of determination. Be careful- those things can go flying!
It's only July but I nominate Ralph for the 2020 Understatement of the Year Award. A circlip can go flying nearly into orbit!