Elrog 300B vs Takatsuki 300B tubes

Has anyone heard the Elrog 300B tubes ? I read an article which mentioned that the Elrog 300B delivers 15% less power than a traditional 300B tubes. Can anyone confirm that it is audible ?

I am choosing between Elrog and Takatsuki 300B tubes. I would prefer the Elrog because it is cheaper and supposedly wonderful but if it really sounds less powerful then I have to rethink.
pani

Showing 15 responses by jwm

Calloway I was using the WE845 tubes in my amps and they were the best I had heard. They beat RCA new old stock 845. When I switched to the Elrog's the difference was huge. I would not hesitate and get the elrogs especially with your great amp. The best Jeff
If the Elrog 300B is anywhere near the sonics of my Elrog 845 Charles will have a happy grin like the Chessire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. I have no doubt that these tubes will be great.
I agree the difference between good digital and analog is small today. The difference between single ended and anything else is still huge.
I just left Charles home and spent a couple of hours with him listening to his new Elrogs. All I can say is that they are fantastic. I notice a lot more bass weight and foundation yet they are very open and clear on top. I think they are smoother less grainy if thats possible. Wonderful wonderful tube.
The reliability problem seems to be fixed about a year now. I own them and have no problems at all.
That is just Israel he can be goofy at some times. He can be stubborn and when something is as expensive as the Elrog's it may not fit his style of recommending good value for the money. To say that these tubes are only slightly better is really a joke. Right out of the box they beat any tube prior to. I just think he does not want to promote this expensive of a tube with his philosophy, otherwise I can't explain it. Thanks goodness for this forum or how else would people find out about this stuff. Kudos to all you members keep up the good work.
Charles, it sounds like you may have to do this resistor change to make the 300B last longer. If they do tweak this tube you may want to wait for that replacement. If you just get another one from this batch I probably would do the resistor change. It can always be taken out in the future.
Charles I think Doug has the test equipment to measure these tube paramaters on his test bench. Its nice to have a Techy friend in the audio business.
Charles I think you are in good hands and will be enjoying those Elrog tubes in no time and hopefully for a long time. As Spock once said Live Long And Prosper.
Brownsfan I sure do miss Spock Leonard Nimoy one of my favorites. I really felt sad when he passed on many different levels.
I think he would find us audio fools illogical because you cant reach for live sound.