Elrog 300B vs Takatsuki 300B tubes

Has anyone heard the Elrog 300B tubes ? I read an article which mentioned that the Elrog 300B delivers 15% less power than a traditional 300B tubes. Can anyone confirm that it is audible ?

I am choosing between Elrog and Takatsuki 300B tubes. I would prefer the Elrog because it is cheaper and supposedly wonderful but if it really sounds less powerful then I have to rethink.
pani

Showing 10 responses by cal3713

Interesting Charles, and thanks for the info. Any idea what 300b the Elrog was a "slight improvement" over in those systems?
Charles, I take it you can just drop in the Mullard GZ37 in the rectifier location on the Franks? I'm still pretty new to this game...

P.S. I kind of wish there hadn't been such a positive impression of these Elrog tubes. I was all set to spend half that on a used pair of EMLs (in 6 months). Now the list of desired objects is increasing, and the funds absorbed by them is doing the same.
No worries Charles, you've been properly careful with your language. It's just that I'll be buying a new pair of 300b tubes sometime next fall and now you've made me want a more expensive set. And, unfortunately, I'm now stuck wanting a new rectifier tube as well, although I can at least swing that one before the new job starts in August.
Did they actually construct some special Elrogs to match the Franks, or are these the same basic tubes you had last go-round?
Ha! If it's an unlimited warranty, sign me up! Not the best business model for a device that will inevitably fail at some point...
I'm only about a year in, but I have not yet had any tube failures on my pair of Franks (and continue to love them).

- Chris
God, I know Charles.  I bought them on 01/13/15.  Time goes too quickly.  
Well, that bodes well for the end results of Charles' cathode resistor modification experiment, which was explicitly suggested to decrease a surge in voltage at power-up.  Hopefully that does indeed fix Elrog reliability problem... I guess we'll know in 6 months.
As you may have seen, one of the posters in here, Charles1dad, previously used the Taks as his reference before switching to the Elrogs... in Coincident Franks though, unfortunately for your information gathering.

P.S.  Charles, are those Elrogs still hanging in there after the amp mods?