Elrog 300B vs Takatsuki 300B tubes

Has anyone heard the Elrog 300B tubes ? I read an article which mentioned that the Elrog 300B delivers 15% less power than a traditional 300B tubes. Can anyone confirm that it is audible ?

I am choosing between Elrog and Takatsuki 300B tubes. I would prefer the Elrog because it is cheaper and supposedly wonderful but if it really sounds less powerful then I have to rethink.
pani

Showing 5 responses by brf

I am impressed with the Tak 300B but have not heard the Elrog offering. 15% less power should not be a concern to a 300B tube user “If” they properly matched their speakers from the onset.

If the extra 15% makes a difference, I am of the opinion that you have the wrong speakers to begin with.
My friends Elrog 845 tube failed last month and took out a resistor. Not sure who he bought the tubes from but they are sending a replacement tube.
There appears to be a lot of Elrog tube failures being reported, therefore, suggesting that their previous history of poor reliability is still an issue and ongoing.
Is Trueaudiophile an authorized USA Elrog dealer? Is there any concern purchasing Elrog tubes from them?
Charles1dad, that is great of George to send you another pair of replacement tubes, but why not just ask for a refund?  So far you have had 2 separate Elrog 300B tube failures and to date you have been lucky that the failures did not result in any damage to your amps.  Why push your luck?  If a refund is not available, do you intend to sell the replacement tubes in an attempt to recoup some of your investment?

I just crossed Elrog off my Christmas list.