Electrocompaniet EMC-1 24/192...Where to from here

I am looking to hear from previous owners/users of this CDP only.

I currently have this CDP and am still very happy with it. I was actually considering upgrading/modding it, until Electro recently closed the doors. Though it is a great player, I can't see putting money into a machine that cannot be backed 100% with support & parts, by the original manufacturer.

Looking to keep a one box CDP, what have you previous owners of the EMC-1 moved on to?

Please tell me what you switched to, why you switched and changes/improvements that you noticed in comparrison to the Electro CDP.

Thanks!
barrelchief

Showing 1 response by brianmgrarcom

Hi Michael, I wish I had some useful info for you, but my switch from the EMC-1UP to my Classe Delta CP-100 was due to purchasing all Classe gear at once rather than simply changing CDP's.

Anyway, the Classe CDP was basically new when I received it, maybe 4-5 hours on it, but here is what I noted between the two players at the time.

The EMC-1UP was more open but the Classe imaged better and seemed to have a better focus on things.

I am sure you will get numerous suggestions but I suspect many would like to know what your budget is for the new CDP?