Electrocompaniet EMC-1 24/192...Where to from here

I am looking to hear from previous owners/users of this CDP only.

I currently have this CDP and am still very happy with it. I was actually considering upgrading/modding it, until Electro recently closed the doors. Though it is a great player, I can't see putting money into a machine that cannot be backed 100% with support & parts, by the original manufacturer.

Looking to keep a one box CDP, what have you previous owners of the EMC-1 moved on to?

Please tell me what you switched to, why you switched and changes/improvements that you noticed in comparrison to the Electro CDP.

Thanks!
barrelchief

Showing 2 responses by barrelchief

Nearly 2 years have passed and I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a cdp upgrade.

One feature that has entered the equation since my original posting of this thread is having a cdp that has digital inputs.

This brings me to the Cary 306 SACD.

Has anyone heard both the EMC-1 and the 306 SACD? If so, how do they stack up against each other for redbook cd's?...how are they similar & how do they differ?

Thanks
John:

As you can see by how quickly I replaced the EMC-1, I too really enjoy it.

Because of system changes, if I am going to make a change, the digital input is a must for me.

Other than that (and not that the Electro is a slouch by any strech of the imagination) improvments w/PRAT, timbre, etc are always welcome.

I am looking to keep that rich musical sound that I have grown accustommed to. Hyper-detailed analaytical sound is not my thing.

For me, it seems to be coming down to the Cary 306 and the Audio Aero Capitole.

I was hoping to hear from anyone who has experience with the Electro and the Cary (or the Capitole.)