Early 80's - late 70's best audio products

With the intoduction of CD in 1982, apparently, the Hi-end audio equipment either dissapearead, either became too expensive, either started to use cheaper components, etc.

This is my perspective. And now as a historical curiosity - Which components (speakers, pre-amplifiers, amplifiers, tuners, turntable, tonearm and cartridge) will you vote as the best components for the 1978-1982 period.

Thank you for your time
rmihai
Speakers: Dayton Wright XG 8 (with panasonic leaf tweeter)
magnepan tympani 1 D
Beveridge model 2 SW
Hill plasmatronic (best $10,000 tweeter)

Amps and pre amps: Threshold,AR, Krell

Receivers: Nakamichi SR-3, Luxman R-117, Tandberg 2075

tape decks: Tandberg, Revox, Nakamichi

turntables: Linn Sondek(high price), Rega (moderate price)
but I used a superb Apt-Holman pre-amp, then recommended by my friends at Audio Consultants in Evanston. I used it with a Bryston amp...
IMHO

Almost all (large) format IE JBL 4350/55 series monitors. And if cost was no object Westlake HR1's with the HRX 4-way crossover which would run upwards of 40,000. Crown DC series, Phase Linear 700B, Luxman M series and SAE amps to name a few. Apt Holman pre's were and are still excellent preamps if rebuilt with new caps etc.

Ken
Yamaha CR2020 receiver. Solid Walnut cabinet. Looks, class and performance in one package.

Maxx
Most open reel to reel tape decks. They were built like a tank, and lasted 4 ever, well almost. After 28 years + I had to replace the soleniod switch and with complete overhaul cost me $ 2.50 approx. money well spent.