Ear 834P and Dynavector p-75

I need a new phono pre. and would like to know if any has compared the 2. The p-75 is newer and has more adjustments. I have a Scout TT with a ORTOFON/KONTRAPUNKT B.

Thanks

Tim
flemke

Showing 4 responses by drubin

I have compared the two. Very, very different sounds, both worthwhile. The EAR sounds big, lush, very beautiful through the midrange but lacks extension up top. The Dyna is definitely not tube-like but is quite excellent in its way and is a superb value. Lots of settings to play with, and you will need to play with them to see what works best.

MD offers 30-day return on gear, so you might take that route. Dyna needs plenty of break in. The Granite Audio phono burn-in CD is pricey but very helpful for these situations.
It was the upgraded, chrome unit and I believe it had also been modified and had different tubes in it, but I don't recall the specifics.
What country is that? You can find hifi+ in the US if that's where you live.
I use it with a Benz L2. Have tried every mode and setting and I think the enhanced is the most interesting, but I'm not convinced it is an ideal match to this cart. I burned it in a lot and I suppose it made a difference. I'm always a little distrustful of my experience getting used to new components.