Dynavector DV-507 Mk II ?

Has anyone had the chance to audition/buy the Dynavector DV-507-II arm? The jointed arm design looks cool, how does it sound? $4K, worth it?
consttraveler

Showing 2 responses by islandmandan

Contrary to what has been stated, I have found the Dynavector arm (a 501, in my case), to be quite versatile. It works well with such disparate cartridges as Dynavector XX2MKII, Zu Denon 103R (with ESCCO cantilever/Paratrace stylus modification), an Acutex LPM 415, and Acutex M320 STR LPM.

All track very well, and sound very good to my ears. Assumptions about performance without actually using the item in discussion is, in my opinion, misguided.

Although there are differences between the older 501, and the newest version, the 507 MK II, they are mainly, as previously noted, in the anti-skate and VTF adjustment methods. I do believe they would perform, and sound, similarly.

I have been more than pleased with every aspect of this arm's performance, and firmly believe in order to obtain a better performing tonearm, I would have to pay multiples of what the 501 arm cost.

A 507 MKII for $4000, in good condition, may not be a bad deal, but I can't say with any certainty.

Regards,
Dan

I went from a 9" VPI on a Scout, to the Dynavector on a Garrard 401 on a heavy wooden plinth, many years ago now. I still love the performance of my  Dynavector 501, even after all these years.

Regards,

Dan