Dynavector coil repair

Does anyone know where I could have the coils replaced on my Dynavector 17d3. The cartridge only has a few hours on it and to make a long story short I stupidly hooked up my phono stage incorrectly and shorted both coils! I tried e-mailing Dynavector but they just referred me to the distributor who just wants to sell me a new cart! I have to say I expected better service on such an expensive product. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rainer S.
80stech

Showing 2 responses by buconero117

Lesson learned, but I would press on the distributor, letting him know Audiogon is a great place to vent your disappointment. Replacing coils is not cost effective for a manufacturer, they should replace at a nominal fee, say $100. Anything else would be just greed on the part of the distributor and manufacturer.
The Dynavector attitude is one reason the 'high end' gets such a bad name with it comes to customer service for 'your' failure. The goodwill created by satisfying 80Stech would be priceless, considering the manufacturing cost of the actual product is about $100. I kid you not, knowing first hand of the business model of Dynavector. Having run a customer service function for a billion dollar company, I know customer 'failure' first hand. First thing I would have done is consider the set up instruction may be something worth improving, may be with a message, printed in red, that damage may result from the condition. Anybody know exactly what the instructions say. Perhaps the dealer should have reinforced that with a one on one customer chat on set up issues. Lets face it, 80stech, if satisfied will go on to buy $15,000 worth of gear in the future. Not satisfied, zero.