Dynaudio Focus 140

I have a set of Dynaudio Focus 140s. Powered by a Parasound HCA 2200II. One night I was a little lubed up and may have been pushing them a bit hard. At one point the woofers bottomed out. Took me a second to identify what was happening. I then quickly lowered the spl. I continued to listen for a while and they sounded ok. Since then they have continued to sound ok but I haven't pounded on them since then. I was just curious If it was possible that I may have hurt them in any way? Or if the woffer bottoming out was common? Like I said they seem to sound ok at reasonable spls. Thanks, Bakes
62bakes
As long as it still sounds OK you should not have damaged anything especially if your amp didn't clip. Remember you can only push a 6 1/2" driver so far. Honestly I've bottomed out my C1 sig a couple of times with very dynamic music and they still sound fine.
Xti16
Thanks for your response. That is what I was hoping to hear. I just didn't know if the bottoming out was a sign that I had already done something bad or not. For a little speaker, you can really flog them and they just keep on sounding great. That's how I ended up finding the end point. Not an every day occurence, just an observation.
For a little speaker, you can really flog them and they just keep on sounding great. That's how I ended up finding the end point.
Hey Bakes - I think that's how we all find the 'end point'