dynaudio confidence 5 versus contour S5.4

I am presently looking to bye a used pair of Dynaudio confidence 5 speakers but have only seen one pair for sale since last summer (I wasn't the lucky winner of the auction). I'm getting a bit impatient and considering maybe a used pair of it's younger brother the contour S5.4.
Anyone out there who had a chance to compare those speakers?

My system: Linn genki cd player
Linn Kairn preamp
2 Electrocompaniet Ampliwire 45 watts amplifiers
briged for 200 watts/channel
Linn silver interconnects
Present speakers: BW Dm17 Limited

I listen to a wide variety of music from jazz to classical
but mostly rock (king crimson,Eno,Sylvian...), urban (Tricky,DJ CHeb i Sabba,Massive Attack, Tom Waits...)to name a few.

Thanks in advance and salutation to all the community.

Franklinn
franklinn
Keep in mind a sealed in closure will have a tighter quicker bass the a ported design. Again it gets back to personal taste and what type of music you want to reproduce.

If you want it close to how it actual sounds the C5 is very very good speaker. I use Mcintosh Equipment with no problems.

I just purchased the MIT Magnum M1's IC & speaker cables and the speaker really has more dynamics and bass impact now.

I think I will forget about the Sapphire for now....smile!!

Best of luck!
not sure if you're still in the market but i have a set of c5's in rosewood running off of a set of mcintosh 501 mono's. i'd be willing to sell them both if you're in the market for amps and speakers. i'm the original owner of the speakers and have upgraded my amps several times, without question these (amps) have given me what i needed to make the bottom end everyone describes, "jump out of the box"! i've run them in a dedicated 2-channel system and am selling because my new home does not have the room for two separate systems. i have not posted these yet but i will also be selling a sonic frontiers cd/dac - t3/p3 combo, rgpc 600's x2, nordost & synergistic wiring, etc...

let me know if you have any interest...rc
Does anyone have any experience driving the C5 with Gryphon (DM100 in my case) amplification?
I'm using Gryphon Diablo integrated amp (500W into 4 Ohm per channel). Works quite OK with C5's. However I have a feeling that an amp of 600-800W would finally complete the task :)
Regards,
Denis
How big and how loud are you playing Dsh? I am considering an older Dynaudio but my amp only has about 120watt. I sit about 2 meters from my speakers.