Dynaudio C2 with Plinius 9200

G'day all

I would like to ask the advice of fellow Dynaudio/Plinius owners and fans.

I am considering upgrading my speakers to Dynaudio C2's and im wondering wether my Plinius 9200 would be adequate to drive them or would i need to upgrade to a bigger Plinius amp.

My room is approx 15' x 18' and i generally only listen at low to moderate volumes so will the 9200 still give me the kick??

Thanks very much
johnno35

Showing 1 response by matteiser

I am a Dynaudio dealer, and I carry other speaker brands that use fancy tweeters with 40+ khz rated frequency extension. In all my listening, I have never heard anything as described as "no treble". In fact Dynaudio Esotar2 tweeters sound every bit as detailed, if not moreso, than the "exotic" material tweeters.

Dkzzzz, you obviously have an axe to grind, because your scathing remarks are completely unwarranted, off-topic, and just plain wrong. Dynaudio is an internationally distributed speaker brand that is relied on by some of the finest professional recording studios and most discerning customers out there. I carry well over 20 world-class manufacturers and have been doing this many years. Dynaudio is the most professional class-act of a company that I have ever dealt with! They are a real technology company that has been building their own products for the better part of 30 years, unlike most of the cheap low-tech, all hype junk that has flooded the audio market in recent years.

To the original poster: I have only heard the Plinius products with Dynaudio speakers on a couple occasions and always thought the combination sounded very good. I know of a few Dynaudio owners that swear on the Dynaudio/Plinius combination. Most of what you see in the North American audio shows is the pairing with Simaudio which incidentally works well. I would use 200 watts into 8 ohms as a minimum starting point for these speakers. Probably 300-500 watts into 8 ohms is more optimal, but there are only a couple integrated type amplifiers on the market designed for that kind of power. Some that come to mind that will do at least 200 watts into 8 ohms (though I'm sure there are more):
Krell KAV400xi, FBI
Musical Fidelity A5.5, A1008, KW550
Plinius 9200, Hiato
McIntosh MA6600,MA7000
Simaudio I-7
NAD Masters M3
Chord CPM 3350

I would also call Dynaudio directly and ask them what they would recommend. They are always willing to help and support a fellow owner.