Dunlavy SC IVa or B&W 802

if there are available for $4,000, which should I get for jazz, classical, sometimes movies for Musical Fidelity dual monoblock A3.2 version.
thanks
128x128badam
Badam, The vifa speakers in Dunlavy's can be replaced and closely matched up.. They are several places that sell them in U.S. and are made in Denmark.. Just enter vifa speaker under Yahoo and you will find quite a few.. There is some dealers that could also test them to match very close to any bad or defective woofer you may have in future.. And yes the speakers to sound right do require some room .. They should also be placed at least 3 ft. from back walls.. Mr. Dunlavy said a room of approximately 14x14(15x15) and up for this model.. They will sound even more impressive with more power also, but the Musical Fidelity 3.2's will still sound pretty nice with them.. I have heard these speakers run fine with fairly low amounts of power.. It will not take alot to start driving Dunlavy's , but about 175 to 200 wpc is great.. The B&W will require more power for them to sound really good.. The Musical Fidelity amps would not be a good match for them at all i believe..Like i said before though i think the B&W 803's would be a good match or you could Consider the Dunlavy Athena's or Cantata's which would take up less room then the SC-IVa's..
I don't know your room size , so just trying to cover all possible options with the two types of speakers your interested in..
Dave
the room, or rooms, that I have is 500-600sf of living and dinning together, open plan with vaulted ceiling in the living room where my system is.
thanks
Badman, With the type of room your describing the Dunlavy's should sound awesome.. You might want to later consider more power though do to size of room, but for now the small monos will do fine. Just think of it as a upgrade later to make the Dunlavy sound even more impressive..
Good Luck,
Dave
No competition in my mind. Dunlavy! As a matter of fact, I have watched the prices of the Dunlavy IVa and V models since they closed the doors. The first two years showed a small reduction in resale value, but now they have risen above the prices when they were in business. In fact I can sell mine for what I paid new! It will be a very cold day in ^%#* before another speaker beats the Dunlavy at the same price. Sad that John Dunlavy ran out of gas, he was a true genius at creating great performance/price speakers.