Driving ALON V with CJ Premier 11: Can I improve?

Looking to tap into your wisdom and experience: do you have any idea of how I could further improve the sound of my already good sounding system?

I am driving a pair of Alon V MKII with a CJ Premier 11 and a CJ PV 14 pre-amp (soon to be upgraded to a Premier 17).

Source is a Marantz DV9500, interconnect are Straightwire Maestros and cables are Acarian Black Orpheus (tri-wired).

Room is under the roof so has titled ceiling with carpet on the floor and insulation foam in the back of the speakers. I also use a powerline conditioner from Monster.

For example may be I could improve the bottom end by using a stronger amp. I love the Premier 11 but may be an Evolution 2000 (Hybrid) would drive the Alons even better.

Any body has experience with this?

Or I also heard that Synergistic Research provides the best cables for CJ? Is that true?

Or may be I should replaced the CD player?

I don't have unlimited funds for this so of course the cost will be a factor.

Many thanks to share your thoughts?

Patrick aka audioaddict
audioaddict
I own the cj Premier 17LS but the consensus is with Downunder concerning the superiority of the 16LS. That said, the 16LS is considerably more expensive and harder to find. I auditioned the PV14 before choosing the 17LS which I thought was, far and away, the better preamp. I'm sure that it would be a nice improvement for you.

Regarding the cj Premier 11, I had similar thoughts about mine and went with the cj Premier V mono-blocks for more drive.
Talk about being a day late and a dollar short - I can't believe that I didn't look at the OP date.
Hello All.
I have the ALON IV's and bought them new. I am using an Audio Research SP9 Preamp, and was using an Adcom GFA-555 200 watt per channel amp. Things were great with CD, Tuner, Cassette and my Reel to Reels, but on Phono, I used to have to crank up the volume. SO, I bought another Adcom GFA-555 off of Ebay, and ended up blowing the Voice Coils in my woofers. The guy who sold me the Adcom, changed out a Power Transistor with the wrong replacement, and never told me.

I ended up upgrading all my drivers through NOLA,via Carl Marchiotto. I was using the Adcom 555's as Mono-Blocks, one per speaker, in Triwired Mode. After the accident, I has everything repaired, and new Drivers installed by my Tandberg Tech. We tested everything out with his Hafler Amps, and the soun d is beautiful once again. My problem is, I have no Amps now, I sold off the Adcoms, due to u neasy feelings about them. They seemed to have DC Oscillation on the outputs. So, Now I Brand New Alon Mk.IV Speakers again, all Original Factory replacement parts, every driver was replaced, but no Amp to listen to them with. Due to getting injured, and being on Disability, with 3 kids, an Amp worthy of Driving these big speakers looks unlikely any time soon in my future. Its a shame, because these are Speakers I rank up there with some of the best I ever heard, in all my ventures into High End Audio Shops, from Philadelphia, to NJ and NYC Manhattan. I am now using Powered Monitors with a Mirage Powered Subwoofer and Crossover, these are musical Monitors, but nowhere in the league of Detail and Sounstaging of My ALON Mk.IV's, plus the Natural Oak Wood of the Alons make them beautiful to look at. But they are Heavy Well built Speakers, and received plenty of Rave Reviews from Stereophile and Absolute Sound, among others. They costed $3500.00 when I bought them. But in my Opinion, they really need a Krell or VTL Mono Blocks to let them do their thing. I miss listening to them. I think Im gonna have to sell them, due to me being unable to afford a good quality Amp, or Amps. Ray
I have one grill for Alon V MKII speakers that I no longer need and want to sell if anyone is interested. Contact me.