Doubling a Set of Speaker Cables

While reading a "professional "review of the Daedalus Audio Ulysses Floorstanding Speaker, the reviewer is adamant about the improvement TWO sets of speaker cables connected to each speaker - regardless of the brand - makes.

This is something that crossed my mind long ago, prior to reading it now, but I’ve never realistically considered trying it nor have I ever come across this in a review. At face-value it seems to me this technique would do more harm than good. I’m wondering if there are any folks on the forum using this technique of two sets of cables (and as mentioned in the article this is irrespective of bi-amping or merely using a smaller gauge) and if so, can/do you vouch for any "improvement" one should expect.

Thanks.

http://www.dagogo.com/daedalus-audio-ulysses-floorstanding-speaker-and-bass-optimization-woofer-bow-...
128x128gdhal
Anyone done this with two different brands of cable? I currently have a pair of bare wire and a pair with bananas, but just concerned of doing some damage to my amp with too much capacitance at play.
I use a double run of Morrow Audio newer SP3's  and wont go back to regular bi-wire method in a single cable!
I use xlo Sig3 shotgun (4x4). They outperform the same model singles. I used to believe audiogoners and Some cable companies that claim higher end cables don’t offer better sound. I wish I’d begun experimenting with cables earlier instead of just reading because they are a fun and exciting part of this hobby. They are about the easiest components to get on trial or buy and sell. Jump in. There a lot of fun waiting to be discovered. 
I believe Doug Schroeder's ideas as to doubling Interconnects...not speaker cable.   I'm using his system with success.  Vandersteen recommended bi-wire speaker cables which I'm using as well. My amp uses robust connections which accommodates bi-wiring easily.
For clarification, the Schroeder Method of IC Placement is, as named, for interconnects. However, I also do advocate trying double/parallel speaker cables for speakers having only one set of posts. Going with heavier AWG has almost always resulted in a preferred sound quality. 

mcmanus, at least you tried; kudos on your discovery! Sadly, a great number of audiophiles will be so laden with skepticism that they will never try. Whatever; it's not the worst thing in the world to die without ever having put up a great rig.  :)