Does Anyone Make Stands for Quad 988's?

I'd like to get the Quads off the floor and up to listening level. Any suggestions?
peter_s

Showing 1 response by newbee

Acrici used to make stands for the 63's - I just saw a pair for sale, but I don't know if they will fit the 988's. If you have not already heard your quads elevated in your room yet, I would suggest that you experiment before you buy stands to make sure how high you want them. You may not like what you get at any given highth off the floor. Elevating the 63's was reputed to clean up the midrange so you could really hear the revealing nature of the quads. But, IMHO it did so at the expense of the bass. In my room it created a large upper bass suck out that detracted more than the transparency in the mid range added. On the floor I was able to place them in my room so that I got excellent resolution and a fairly flat frequency response until I hit a room resonance at 32hz. The speakers are not easy to position so if you are new to them be patient and keep moving them about and play with sound dispersion behind them, etc.