Does anybody remember the pianist Fred Crane?

I ran across an old LP I purchased in the mid 80's by the late Fred Crane that was released after his death in 1985. I had forgotten how good it was. The title was Fred Crane Piano.

He played with Al Hirt and Doc Severson among others. Does anyone know if there are anymore records put out by Mr. Crane? I remember at the time of the "Piano" release the were supposed to be a series of recordings, but see no information on the Internet, so I guess it never happened.

I would welcome any input.
acman3

Showing 1 response by terry911

Greetings,  Fred Crane was my uncle on my mother's side. I miss him. I still keep in touch with his son Fred Jr. some. I have about a dozen CD's of HIS music that I listen too. It also has his wife singing on many if not all of them. He was a music genius. I visited his home in Dallas and he took me to Rainbow studio where I watched him compose and direct a commercial soundtrack. He used to play Jazz at the Fairmont Hotel bar with a bass player in Dallas to keep his fingers loose. He would never shake hands with anyone so as not to hurt his very delicate fingers. I always thought that was cool as a 16 yr old. I would be happy to discuss him more anytime. [email protected]