Do I need an pre-out?

I would like to insert an active xover& equiliser but my integrated hasn't a pre-out. How is this done in practise and which payable cabling(good quality) is to be used ?

My system:
Pathos Logo New Classic One
Shanling CD 100c
several loudspeaker systems

European audiophile
Not sure if you can do both at once if they're separate, but if the Pathos has a tape loop, you could at least put one of them in there (tape out to crossover/EQ, then from that unit to tape in).