Digital Audio Denmark convertors

Has any member of this forum had an opportunity to audition these convertors and if so what is their impression.
I have heard them in my system for a short period of time and thought that they were outstanding on CD plaback alone. I was not able to access their higher resolution playback.
Anyone had a chance to compare this converter with other top rated converters such as Playback designs/Berkeley Audio dac etc?

ecka

Showing 1 response by carlos269

Were any of these auditions of the Digital Audio Denmark AX24 done at the 2X DSD sample rate, 5.6MHz? I believe that the AX24 is without peers and I'm not alone as it was chosen as the reference DSD converter at Telarc International records & music studios, Sennheiser, Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR), Dex Mastering, DPA Microphones, and by the Danish Philharmonics to name a few. Perhaps the opinion of Michael Bishop and these other professional users and entities, who can afford to buy any piece of equipment in the world, carry more weight than that of Mike Lavigne, Bruce Brown or myself! Personally, I have owned and used the AX24 for almost three (3) years and I have yet to find or hear anything that sounds better, gives you more resolution or sounds more refined; and that same statement goes for my reference playback system as well. Perhaps the true test is to test one of these systems with a Playback Designs MPS-5 against my own as they may not have enough resolution to truly appreciate the extend of the Digital Audio Denmark AX24's superior performance nor the limitations of the Playback Designs MPS-5. It would be nice to swap the MPS-5 for the AX24 in my reference system and hear and report my observations. Just a thought and again, my doors are always open for such comparisons as my reference system has yet to lose a single challenge!