Digital Amplifier Company aka Cherry Amplifier ...

https://www.cherryamp.com/

Can anyone offer opinions/testimonials on these amps? I'm very curious about their sound and performance. They seem like an alternate version of the Class D amps by other manufacturers. 

Thank you.
128x128joeinid

Showing 2 responses by heaudio123

I would ask the owner directly to respond to any of these questions joeinid or the conjectures from czarivey.

czarivery, how many Chinese made/designed amplifiers have their own proprietary Class-D implementation and are not just an off-the-shelf chip with supporting circuitry?  To that end, Cherry is already a good step ahead of all the companies that just implement ICE or other modules and call it "proprietary".

A big cost of an amplifier is the power supply, and their more expensive products do have big linear supplies.
They have been around 20+ years so more history than most boutique brands, and over the years, can't say I have heard negatives, but their reviews seem positive.
I have only heard them one at an audiophile meeting, but can't remember exactly what they were driving. I don't remember noting anything wrong with the presentation.
The TacT amplifiers with <500KHz PWM.

I get the impression from what the owner has written that it is a lifestyle business. It is self-sustaining and it pays his bills. Not everyone dreams of being a tycoon. Home audio is a diverse enough business that "grow or die" does not apply depending on where you place yourself.