Difference between B&W 800N/SIG and B&W800D

Who had the change to compare these speakers with eachother. I only heard the B&W 802D, and I was impressed by the high freq. but the low freq. where tight but sounded a little like a subwoofer.
leonx

Showing 5 responses by leonx

I had the 802N's for more than 6 years. I heard the 802D, but I didn't like the low freq. In the januari I heard the 800N and I was convinced to buy this one over the 802D. But I still haven't had the change to listen to the latest 800D. I read some articles about it, but I am more interessted in the experience of people here at audiogon.
Sphere tell me what the differences are? And why you don't like the 800D? I agree that the way of advertisement B&W uses is not the most unnest way of making advertisement.
I think Abbey Road gets them for free, or just for a bargain. I think people should listen and make there own decision. Every speaker had his strong parts and less impressive parts. When I listend to the 802D I heard the sweat high's, and also a better comtrol in the low freq. But still I heard that humm in the low freq. as my old 802N did. And there was something inside me that told me the low freq. are not that natural. I had the feeling that I was listening to a subwoofer. But I still have not heard the 800D, so I cannot give my opinion. I am curious if there are people who bought 800D after they had owned the 800N or Signature.