Denon DVD-2910 excessive vibration?

I was wondering if it is normal for the Denon 2910 to vibrate with authority? While playing CDs the vibration starts out strong on track 1 and then slowly diminishes with each track to nothing by the time the CD is over. I can't imagine the vibration is good for sound qualty.
wahoo_envy

Showing 6 responses by wahoo_envy

I just called Denon and they are not aware of a vibration problem. I was told to re-initailize the microprocessor by pressing the foward/skip and play buttons together, then while holding them down press the open/close button for about 3 seconds. The word initailize should appear in the display. He said this has worked for unexplained problems. You can also find this information on page 73 of the manual. I will try it tonight and let you know.
I just returned from my local Denon dealer and found his DVD2910 was vibrating as well; although, not as bad. In fact he pulled a brand new one out of the box. Not all discs vibrate with the same intensity and by track 4 on all of the discs, I have tried, the vibration is gone. Allison Kraus "New Favorite" vibrates the worst. The dealers was manufactured Oct 2005 and mine was Aug 2005. If no one else has expierenced the vibration issue, maybe there was a bad batch.
Thanks. This will make the second late model Denon I have have purchased with issues. I have older Denons - AVR2500, AVR 3300 and a DCM460 CD player. They have been bullet proof.
After searching posts, it sounds like this a common problem with a few Denon models. The unit sounds good; although, I have mostly listened to DVD-A and SACDs now that I have the capability and have purchased at least a dozen high res titles.

A couple of years ago, two of my friends have bought new DVD-2900s after consulting with me and now one player doesn't read but every other disc. The other player quit reading discs all together. I almost feel guilty.

In the past, I have been a very loyal Denon consumer, but now I am starting to have my doubts.

I will call Denon again and tell them that re-intializing did not resolve the problem. This unit may be on its way back to the dealer. I am not sure there are any other manufacturers who offer reliable units at a similiar price point with the same build quality, performance and features.
It all makes sense. I have checked out another 2910 at a different audio store and it also vibrates with redbooks. Denon says it should not vibrate, others say theirs don't vibrate, yet, all the ones I have tried do vibrate. I guess I could live with it as long as it doesn't start malfunctioning past the warranty because of the vibration. Thanks everyone for the info.