Denon DL-110 HOMC

I’ll preface with, I’m still very new. I think I’ve learned something, I see 50 comments disagree online & smoke comes out my ears.  I have a Denon DL-110 HOMC cart.  It says it’s 1.6mV which is supposedly the same as a MM.  I was just going to start with a Schiit Mani (& Loki to make up for a little hearing issue) & move up as my system & understanding did.  But, they’re endlessly back ordered so, I cancelled.  Annoying.

Here’s where I’m getting confused:
1) For that output, many threads say just put it into a MM phono
2) Many say “Nope” it’ll always be muddy
3) It seems that many MC phonos will ONLY work with LOMC & state acceptable mV’s-but some threads say it doesn’t matter, use it anyway.
4) Configuring & additional “response curves”.  I see many that “configuring” is almost select MM or MC. I saw an iPhono that had more option brackets than March Madness. As a newbie, what’s enough/overkill?  I’ve seen some that have rc label varieties like rock, classical, live. On the surface, that’s appealing because sometimes/some albums I just need to make up for some of my hearing.

As always, I really do appreciate all the teaching.  Flogging & condescension... not so much.
tochsii

Showing 2 responses by tochsii

Thanks. I appreciate your help. I don’t want to overplay the hearing thing. It just seems sometimes I’m missing out on some treble.