Dealers hijacking the discussions

I’m a very long term member and look at the forums most every day. I’m personally extremely irritated by dealers injecting sales pitches into the discussions which has never really been a problem before. Dealers are biased as it’s the nature of business and this is fine but I don’t go to audiogon to see shameless promotion. There’s one guy in particular that needs to go away. The fact that you’ll all know who it is says volumes about the amount of posting this guy/dealer does on audiogon. Does anyone feel as I do. Just curious.
Post removed 
4425, I agree that shilling the products one carries by jumping into threads where the OP never asked about those products - under the guise of “being helpful” or “providing additional options” - is still shilling.

But look on the bright side - at least site management no longer allows him to post his phone number!
I would like to retort to a couple of you guys.

Frstly so sorry to appear to you to be a "shill" however when a person such as Ctstooner, mentions in nearly every thread how great Vandersteen’s are how come none of you questions if he is a "shill" is it because he doesn’t work for a dealer and I am sure there are plenty of others.

So how do you draw the fine line between a passionate enthiusist and a dealer who says the same thing? If you think the reason is that the enthusist doesn’t have anything to gain, I am willing to bet there are "enthusists" here who are friends with their dealers and are most likely promoting on their behalf and that is not to mention actual shills that hide and don’t say their affiliation.

As per salesperson vs sales professional, the difference is not what you think. A salesperson is the best buy order taker yep Sony is better, no Yahmaha, is better, they don’t educate, and they don’t suggest brands they don’t sell its called order taking.

A sales professional  has a wide base of knowledge of the products they sell and don’t sell and can recommend appropriate products for someone’s taste, budget and situation, again, if you think this is just because dealer x sells line Y most dealers sell their brands because they believe that their products either sound better, sound as good, or cost less and provide nearly the same performance.

We compaired a brand of electronics we sell $32k vs a $90k amp and in some ways the $32k amp was better in other ways the $90k one was, and we said that, we didn’t say our amp blew away amp x we reported the findings.

As per selling or promoting to make a profit, guess what most of the time it hasn’t happened, due to distance or territorial restrictions. We post to let people consider looking at products they might not have thought about to which they will hopefully go their local dealers to check out.

So lets look at a possible scenario shall we: I was thinking about buying a used pair of X they are $35k new while a used pair is $25k, why don’t you consider speaker Z it is brand new at $25k offers you this this and this and you may like it better or it may fit your needs even better.

If that person with an open mind then listend to said product, which would not likely not be with us, and found that product to be even better, do you know what that person would have been delighted to have read the post and been pissed off at you guys bashing someone who was making a good suggestion.

As per being a "home based dealer" it is the lines that you sell not where you sell them that makes you a dealer. What is a store it is a place which has products usually set up in an enviornment that is totally not like someone’s home, there are also a number of dealerships just like mine, run out of a house for conveinience or to save money on outragous rent to focus on product selection which we have a wide and varied lineup

Every heard of GTT Audio, they are a home based dealer/importer, Apex Audio’s in Colorado’s previous incarnation Audio Unlimited, was a home based dealer and they had the Focal Grand Utopias as well as many A list companies, Command AV in VA and there are a lot more, I think Ne Plus Ultra a Wilson dealer is based out of home as well.

When we said we actually have a wider product selection than most of the New York dealers that is not a boast, we have a huge selection of great products, in surround sound receivers we sell and display, Anthem, Arcam, Cambridge Audio, and Nad, we can actually demo each one in the same room/system.

As per lines carried most of our lines are A class lines, products such as KEF, Paradigm, Legacy, ATC, Dali, PSB, NAD, Conrad Johnson, T+A, BAT, Naim Manly, Rega, Lumin, Aurender, Cary Audio, Unison Research, Audioquest, Wireworld, Audience, Parasound, Anthem, Arcam, Electrocompaniet, Nuprime, are all great lines.

In the past we have carried Luxman, Hegel, Vivid, Bryston, Aragon,Chord, as well as many others lines that are well respected we noved on when we found better sounding products such as Unison Research which at the time sounded better than the Hegel and Luxman products.

4425 If you haven’t guessed we don’t want Wilson, as we feel they are more about ever escalating pricing, and changing models constantly and have lost their way, and we are very fond of the speaker lines we do sell, if you have also read our posts we do recommend Vivid and Rockport as being uber speakers and we don’t sell either of those lines currently, as per ARC haven’t heard their latest stuff but have found over the years issues with reliability and being a bit too sterile.

At this point being a mature dealership, we can carry almost any major line that interests us. We choose to carry lines that in our mind exhude value as well as performance.

You guys really need to lighten up and stop worrying that our little old dealership is running the forums. The entire industry is dying because of close minded people that are not interested in widening their worlds or looking at new ideas, that might interest others.

Dave owner, master troll, super shill, stealer of the one true ring
Audio Doctor NJ.

and even though I feel some of you have attacked us and in the case oif Grgr4blu with malacious intent, I would still welcome you into our store for you to see if you think we make great sound. Our hearts and ears are open are yours?

I have no issue with dealers posting here as long as they identify themselves as such.  An opinion from a dealer will always be biased in the direction of his business...always.  Don't think I've ever gone into a BMW dealership and had a manager tell me that Lexus is a better car.