DAC question

I'm in a process of building my sound system. Currently it consists of B&W Matrix 803 S2 and Luxman M600-A amp. The next step is to get a DAC. I'm thinking about Luxman DA-06 or Aqua La Scala Mk II but not sure if it's really make sense to pay such money for DAC when using in such system. All my music is in flac (or other lossless formats)...
alex_bolotnikov
I am a week in on my Yggy warm up and am impressed but have not heard other high end dacs in my system - just in other systems so hard to compare. Out of curiosity, what other dacs did it best?
Thx!
Llkmi,
I really don't want to go there publicly, but you send send me PM about it.
It beat out at least 3 others all more expensive.

After I heard it, the owner switched to using the balanced outputs and told me that sound is even better now. (As I would usually expect) Cheers,

Spencer
My conversation with their rep: I do not think the warm up on this unit is reasonable, to much on time.

With the Yggdrasil thermal equilibrium can take upwards of 48 hours depending on ambient conditions, in a well air conditioned room it can take beyond 48 hours.

Nick T
Schiit Tech

[email protected]

On Dec 10, 2015, at 7:28 AM,

Yes, I am very aware of this fact but usually an hour or so will suffice ?

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:20 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Yggdrasil DAC

Electronics perform better when they reach thermal stability, this can take long enough in the Yggdrasil that turning it on and off is impractical to reach steady state temperatures.

Nick T
Schiit Tech

[email protected]

On Dec 10, 2015, at 5:41 AM,

Hello

I am not sure why, but all over the internet it states you must leave the Yggdrasil powered on all the time. Why ?

"Thermal equilibrium after 48 hrs", if the ambient stays the same. And this doesn’t mean it will sound better, it could sound better after 1hr

This means night and day, winter summer will sound different unless you keep your house temp constant.

All this is to much voodoo, you’ll send yourself nutz, just listen to it and say to yourself good enough after 1/2hr of being swtiched on.

Cheers George