Crown D-150A series 2: help

A Crown D-150A series ll power amplifier was left abandoned in the hallway of my building (people throw out nice things in my building).

For now I can't turn it on because it's missing the fuse 6.25A MDX (easy to replace). The bigger problem is that it's also missing the fuse holder:   part # C5597A5

I'm combing the internet to no avail. Anybody know where I can find this modest little part?

Thanks in advance.
plink-plonk

Showing 2 responses by plink-plonk

Thanks for these (varied!) responses. A lot more to consider here than I realized. 

The crown seems in pretty pretty good shape based on appearance. Does not have that burnt circuitry odor. The way people in neighboring studios throw things out in this building, I’ve reason to suspect it’s just a fuse replacement. But now I’m concerned. 

My use needs for this are just to use in my studio, using an old NAD 3020 for preamp duties only. 

The dilemma here is that taking this to a tech might end up costing more than the amp is worth. Unless maybe there’s an inexpensive tech in Brooklyn I need to know about. 

If I just procure and insert the correct fuse holder and fuse and then turn it on, what’s the worst that could happen?

thanks again, any thoughts are welcome. 
Thanks for that link to that fuse holder, Rodman. When the part arrives I’ll give it a go and report my findings.