critics dynaudio speakers

Hello from Canrias Islands, Yonatan call me, and I read a lot for this wonderful forum ...

My team consists of the following components;
Dynaudio Confidence C1
Threshold S / 160
Opera Consonance Cyber ​​222 MKII
EAR 834P
Pioneer DV737
Pioneer PL-550 modified
AudioQuest Slate speaker cable
Cardas RCA

well the problem is because there are people who criticize the brand saying it does not sound good, the bass is invented, the scene is not real, and its timbre is not natural ... this is what some detractors mark, I'm a little tired of saying that dynaudio sounds great, but go on and on.

Im really happy with the set, but sometimes these reviews make you doubt yourself.

the set is true with certain recordings I notice a higher than normal serious, but I do not because it does not hurt, the mids and treble are magical, great scene and that the room has only 14m ..

finally a little let me know if the brand dynaudio inflated bass and invents things, or as good as I think ...

many thanks to fellow members of this community
yonigta

Showing 3 responses by raindog031

Yonigta, i would agree with you that most of dissatisfied Dynaudio customers are those who failed to take advantage of their speakers...for me after many tryouts with different Dynaudio speakers and different amps with them there is no doubt, Dyns work best on high current and high quality class A SS amps...and that is their only big weakness...you must invest crazy money on amp, source and cabling to really make them sing...to put them on 50W amp and think thats it, atleast for me its a blasphemy...im aware that Dyns can sound decent on tubes but id avoid them...if the guyz that are making Dynaudio speakers thought different they wouldnt make Dynaudio Arbiter amps for their inhouse testing of speakers capabilitys...instead of that they would get a much cheaper tube amps or 60 W SS amps and problem is solved...most of Dyns are hungry and NEED monster power to wake up micro and macro dynamics properly or you will experience things like the sound directed from a drivers, lack of clarity,slow sounding, average immaging, 2 dimensional sound, lack of soundstage etc...problem is that most of dudes criticising or not satisfied with Dyns are puting them on amps for high sensitivity speakers or placing them in a room too small for them to breathe and develop bass and soundstage...i love Dyns and im not preaching that they are the best speakers brand in audio market...but that many people actualy did not heard Dyns sing before they critisied them...
Regards
Hi George, nice to hear again from you...hope you enjoying your setup...i understand that Octave is one of better brands out there and certanly has more healthyer power than Bryston no matter what specs saying as you concluded...thats a clear proof that most of the brands have their own ways to measure but most of those measures dont have much in common with reality...i have Gryphon Diablo integrated which is one of most powerful and rafined integrates out there and have no problem of driving Dyn C4 2 speakers BUT to fully appreciate virtues of this speaker and make them sing with total control ill have to go for Gryphon Antilleon Signatures stereo...not becuz i have upgrade itch but becuz these speakers deserves much stronger and rafined amps to fully shine their potencial...dont get me wrong, if i dont manage to buy that amp i will be satisfied as you were with your Octave...but knowing that it can be much better (i hate when i hear fraze "much better" in audio) becuz Dyns are extreamly hungry and there is no overkill with those speakers conserning the power leaves me no option...i hope in close future that i will get opportunity to buy second hand Mirage or Sonata Allegro pre and Antilleon amps...

Yonigta- as i know Audio Epilog are Croatian speaker and its awesome for the money(custom Scanspeak drivers if im not wrong)...if it was made in USA it would cost 3 times more... but to say they are better than Dyns...dont know...i wouldnt say so...if someone likes other flavor for me its fine but to say Dyns have artificial inflated bass its a joke...most of companys dont know how to make such real and good full body deep bass as Dynaudio so fanboys are just talking trash or did not listen Dyns on proper setup...probably both...not to mention excellent midrange and highs...after hearing many tweeters from ribbons, diamonds, beryliums, kryptoniums :) i concluded that biggest difference between most of them and soft domes is in marketing hype and specs...in real world soft domes IMO sounds more natural, less analythical and less calling attention on itself (although i heard rare exceptions)...with Dyns i can relax and just listen to music not hunting for special effects and details...so its simple choose your poison and dont listen to others but your speakers...i hope that my long post didnt bore you...
Regards