Creek 5350SE - Is it all that?

Is Stereophile right? Is the Creek 5350SE a world-beater?

I pose the question because the only Creek dealer in my area doesn't have one to listen to. I guess the new "Classic" models are too scarce.

I'm in the market for an integrated amp, $1500 or less. Remote is a must, headphone jack a plus. I've been considering the Creek 5350SE, Bryston B60R (used), and the Naim Nait 5i. Speakers will be Paradigm Studio 20's, Epos M12.2's, or similar.

Unfortunately, the only amp I've been able to hear for myself is the Nait. Any opinions on whether the Creek would have advantages over the Nait (besides headphone jack) or the Bryston? Any other recommendations, used or new, that might be as good as or better than the Creek? Thanks.
jpbach

Showing 1 response by bigtee

As Muzikat says, the Creek sounds a little laid back do to its passive volume control/preamp section. You can add Creek's preamp module but I felt it caused some sonic degradation. The Creek has a warm, smooth sound.
I have never heard the Nait but I did prefer the Creek to the Bryston which was harder and had a touch of high frequency roughness in comparison.
Is it all that? Depends. In the right system yes. For the price,it is excellent.