Conrad Johnson MF2500A or a high power tube amp

Will the MF2500A sound like tube? I want some sort of tube amp but with a lot of power.

Will the MF2500A do the job? Will it sound like tube but with power?
andy2
Hi Andy, The CJ MF2500A has a musical and tube like sound to it for a SS amp. Since your speakers are DIY, it's hard to figure if the CJ has enough or more than enough power to drive them. Maybe you could tell us how easy (or hard) they are to drive and what your price range is. Best wishes. Stan
Mine are pretty easy to drive. Here are some of the pictures of the ones I build. I currently have a tube amp but looking for some power. I already made up my mind about he CJ 2500A. I could go for a high power tube amp but probably will be out of my range.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/andy2_v/?start=#imgAnch3
I own both a MF2300A and a MF2500A which are great amps! As for hum, if you have a ground loop problem, CJ amps will let you know it. Most people cheat around it by floating the ground. I also had an opportunity to compare Plinius amps (which are really nice) to Conrad Johnsons and the CJs blew them away! And I'm not a biased (no pun intended) Conrad Johnson dealer...

Take care