Connecting Klipsch Cornwall to Rotel RA-1062

I recently purchased a system.

Luxman SQ-N150 Amp
Luxman DA-250
Klipsch Cornwall IV
Bi-Amp speaker cables ( these were recommended but I am new to bi-amping/bi-wiring)

The amp is on back order so I am using my single Rotel RA1062 until it arrives. If I connect both speakers to A or both to B only one will have sound. A-Left and B-right. If I connect one speaker to A and one speaker to B I get sound but imaging is terrible. Does the bi-amp cable cause the need to use both A and B? I saw on another thread that the poles are reversed when bi-amping. I will try to switch that (assuming A and B are in effect two amps). 

Thanks,
Bill 
daviswluxman

Showing 2 responses by elliottbnewcombjr

Your Cornwall Speakers are the type ’expecting’ either bi-wire or bi-amp. (allowing, things cannot expect can they?)

These type speakers provide external removable ’jumpers’ so that:

Jumper in place, a single pair of speaker wire can be used: the jumpers connect the upper and lower speaker wire connectors, you can connect to either upper or lower pair, the jumpers are an 'external' 'removable' electrical bridge to the other pair of connectors.

OR, the jumper removed, thus the upper connectors and lower connectors are independent, allowing bi-wire or bi-amp.
I have your Luxman SQ-N150 amp, love it.

It is a 10 wpc tube amp. It has the standard one stereo pair of speaker connectors: 4 speaker wire posts: L + and -; R + and -, expecting 'normal' speaker wires.

No internal crossover, no bi-wire or bi-amp options, no pre-out, just hook up 1 pair of EFFICIENT stereo speakers.

Your 'bi-wire' speaker cables, only 2 at one end, 4 at the other end:

I SUSPECT you have these:

https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Braided-Bi-Wire-Speaker-Gold-Plated/dp/B0755VZK6Y/ref=psdc_3236443011_... 

(you need a PAIR of these to connect a SINGLE pair of speakers).

Those 2 to 4 speaker wires:

There is no difference between the two reds, it is simply split into two within, there is no difference between the blacks, similar internal split. there is no difference in wire construction of any leg.

WHY? I suppose they are designed to connect to a single speaker that is 'expecting' to be truly bi-wired or bi-amped (the speaker would have two pairs of connectors). Those type speakers have separate crossovers inside, each crossover designed to disallow highs or disallow lows. Disallowing: thus only the flow of the frequencies each wire construction is specialized for occurs.

NOT bi-wire (each side, L or R: two separate pairs, 4 at each end, ONE AMP), each pair of wires a different construction, one pair for high frequencies, other pair for low frequencies). They would be separately identified at each end.

NOT bi-amp (each side, L or R: two separate pairs, 4 connectors at each end, two amps) 1 pair from one amp, (i.e. your 10 wpc tube amp) for the speaker's upper frequencies input; one pair from another amp, (i.e. a brute) for the power intensive bass to the speaker's lower frequencies input.