Computer Speakers Under $200?

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum and am trying to build the best 2.1 setup for my computer possible. Currently I was planning to use a pair of Cambridge Soundworks Newton M50's and a Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 851, which I could get for a total of around $175. Should I switch out any of those items or just what are your guys' general thoughts? I'll take anything, even flames :D
freckling

Showing 2 responses by freckling

Thanks for the recommendation! Those do seem like they would sound amazing and perhaps in a few years, that's what I'll end up using...but currently, that's out of my budget and am looking for something in the sub $200 range used or new.
Hi all,

I first used Roland monitors and then went to M-Audio monitors for my speakers. While I'm not a basshead, the dearth of significant bass started to really bother me over time. Overall though, if I were to have bought a 2.0 system, the A2's would have been the ones.

I've heard some positive reviews of the Swans M10's, but I don't think they're better than the setup I already mentioned.